RELEASED DATE 09 Aug 2021
The maximum total support is up to VND1,670 billion. The program includes a special preferential service - credit package and a donation of 100,000 sets of personal protective clothing. Through the program, BIDV wishes to accompany and share the difficulties with the frontline medical staffs.
(1) The special preferential credit – service package is applicable to medical staffs working at hospitals and centers for disease control (CDC) nationwide who have entered into a labor contract with a term of 1 year or more. The program will be implemented until 31 December 2022 or until the package is fully disbursed. The program offers outstanding incentives and most favorable procedural conditions in accordance with the provisions of law, specifically:
- Unsecured personal loan package of VND5,000 billion with lending interest rate fixed at 1%/year for the first 24 months and loan amount not exceeding VND50 million per medical staff.
- Home loan package of VND20,000 billion with lending interest rate fixed at 5.5%/year for the first 24 months. Customers may opt for interest rate reduction on their existing loan or on a new loan.
- Retail banking products and service package: 100% waiver of fees including intrabank and interbank money transfer via BIDV SmartBanking, account management fee, BIDV SmartBanking maintenance fee, domestic debit card issuance fee, account balance notification fee, early repayment fee; no minimum balance required; other fee exemption and reduction packages issued from time to time.
(2) Regarding social security program: As part of the program, BIDV also announced a donation of 100,000 sets of personal protective clothing of high standards in accordance with the regulations of the Ministry of Health (level 3 or 4) for hospitals and medical facilities. The sets of protective clothing will be sent to hospitals and medical facilities in provinces and regions under social distancing according to the Government’s Directive 16 as well as areas with increasing Covid-19 cases.
Mr. Le Ngoc Lam – Chief Executive Officer of BIDV, said: "Over 64 years of development, BIDV has always utilized resources for funding medical projects and works. In recent years, BIDV has spent a considerable amount of budget to support the health sector. Given the complicated developments of the Covid-19 pandemic, medical staffs are one of the frontline forces in the fight against the pandemic. They accept hardships, sacrifice their own safety, directly cure diseases and save lives, and control the pandemic”.
“With desire to share difficulties with the medical staffs, BIDV launched a special credit - service program named "Accompanying the health sector, joining hands to overcome the pandemic" which creates the most favorable conditions for medical staffs in need. This service credit package lasts until 31 December 2022 with simple conditions and outstanding incentives so that doctors and medical staffs can apply for at any suitable time. BIDV also donates 100,000 sets of personal protective clothing to support medical staffs. Hopefully, BIDV's small contributions will give more strength to the frontline medical staffs and the people to soon defeat the Covid-19 pandemic”, said Mr. Lam.
In addition to offering the special service - credit package for the health sector, following the direction of the Government and the Governor of the State Bank of Vietnam, BIDV has promptly implemented policies to support individual and corporate customers affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. BIDV will actively reduce its income by about VND 6,100 billion to support customers.
BIDV regularly provides direct support for Covid-19 prevention and control activities such as making donation to the Covid-19 Vaccine Fund; providing emergency support for localities, medical teams and staff at medical facilities in pandemic area; providing support in kind to help people overcome difficulties caused by the pandemic. Total money directly donated by BIDV in the first 7 months of 2021 is worth more than VND200 billion.
For more information, please contact:
Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam JSC (BIDV)
Hotline: 19009247; or BIDV branches nationwide (look up here: https://www.bidv.com.vn/en/atm-chi-nhanh)
Fanpage: BIDV - Ngân hàng TMCP Đầu tư & Phát triển Việt Nam.